NEW YEAR 2013


PRAYER FOR THE NEW YEAR:

What shall I ask for the coming year and what shall my watchword be ? 


What should I ask You to do for me, O LORD, and what can I do for You, O LORD ? 


O LORD, I would ask for a holy year spent in Your perfect will. Help me to walk in Your very steps and help me to please You still. 


O LORD, I would ask for a trustful year. Grant me the faith to receive my full inheritance and make Your fullness mine. 


O LORD, I would ask for a year of love. Help me love You more and more. Give me the love that does not fail beneath the hardest test. I want to love those around me.


O LORD, I would ask for a year of prayer. Teach me Your Word so that I can pray from Your Word. Breathe into my heart the SPIRIT’s prayers.


O LORD, please stretch Your mighty hand and proclaim Your truth and display Your power this year in every heart and in every land.


O LORD, I would ask for a year of joy. Let Your peace and Your joy divine spring undimmed through all the days of shade and shine. 


O LORD, I ask for a year of hope looking for You to come and hastening on that year of years that brings us home to You.


(modified from a prayer by an unknown author)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Love of GOD

September 2020 Verses